Just a week to go until our Exhibition and Slide Show
See opening times on the poster below.
The event's theme this year is:
"The Changing Face of Earlston - 150 Years of Local Shops & Businesses"
and features new material not previously on display with :
- Three large scale maps of Earlston dating from 1857, 1897 and 1967, showing the location of shops.
- An hour-long slide show with lively commentary on "Earlston "Then and Now - with new images.
- A visual tour of the village with photographs of people and places, old advertisements, shop receipts and press cuttings.
Lizzie Burrell who ran the sweet shop on the Green
- Memories and anecdotes gathered from older residents on shops and shopping in the village.
- The first public display in the village of the Earlston Gingham Girls' Banner, remembering Earlston's Whale sisters, the mid 19th century gingham manufacturers. Created by two members of Earlston SWI, the banner was carried on last year's Edinburgh march to mark the granting of the vote to women in 1918.
DO COME ALONG - WATCH THE SLIDE SHOW - BROWSE THE EXHIBITION -CHAT TO FRIENDS - AND ENJOY A CUP OF TEA OR COFFEE.
AULD EARLSTONValuing the History of our Village for Future GenerationsEXHIBITION“THE CHANGING FACE OF EARLSTON”150 years of local shops & businesses.Photographs, Memories and MapsSLIDE SHOW“EARLSTON - THEN AND NOW”Saturday June 22nd: 10.00am-4.00pmSunday June 23rd:12.00noon-4.00pmin the Church Hall.
Slide Shows:Saturday: 1100am & 2.00pmSunday: 1.00pm & 2.30pm
Admission £3, Children Free - incl. Tea/CoffeeALL WELCOMETel. 01896 848240. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org***************